[LAU] [ANN] Qtractor 0.5.1 - The Bravo Yankee return!

Artem Vakhitov temcat at mail.ru
Sat Oct 8 20:37:04 UTC 2011

On 06.10.2011 18:25, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 14:41:28 +0400, Artem Vakhitov <temcat at mail.ru> wrote:
<skip>
>> Do linked clips stand out visually somehow? I think it would make
>> sense to make the link easily discoverable - say with color, labeling
>> etc.
>>
>> Also, in addition to (or instead of) the Unlink/Detach option it
>> would be nice if the program just asked the user who attempts to
>> change a linked clip (or save a linked clip that has been changed)
>> whether he/she wants to change all the related clips or just this one.
>>

> i'd prefer to think "the mighty user" always know what he/her's doing ;)

Sure, but why not help him or her a bit - that's the reason we have
computers. It's a tad hard to read and compare file names on all the
clips out there, but if you have for example a chain icon and the same
color for all linked clips, it gets much easier to spot each linked set.
Discoverability rules ;)

> too much nagging questions were once the ban in qtractor. after some
> power-user requests, it all got leveled down to a bare minimum, and to
> good measure, if i may say :)

I don't think that this will be asked too often. Besides, you can add an
"Always do this" checkbox together with options in the clip context menu
to explicitly request one of the two actions (again, possibly offering a
"Do it always from now on" option in cases where the user has chosen an
action that is not the current default).

Artem