[LAU] How bad is mp3/ogg

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Wed Oct 12 12:18:00 UTC 2011

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 23:17:15 +0200
Atte André Jensen <atte at email.dk> wrote:
> ...but it would be a method so easy to understand that you'd have to be
> deaf to ever again encode another audio file :-)

I read a quote in TapeOp the other day that said something like
"Everyone's trying to get the highest definition TV, they want 3D
as soon as they can get it, but they all seem happy with crappy MP3s
for audio."

My ears are not what they used to be (lots of years and lots of
loud music) but a crappily encoded MP3 can still make me cringe.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com