[LAU] Hoontech DSP24 C-port

Ketil Thorgersen ketil.thorgersen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 17:49:52 UTC 2011

Hi list

I just gave away my UA25 to my son because I had a pci port on a
computer and this old but capable ice7212 based sound card lying in a
closet. I remember it even worked a couple of years ago in Linux. Anyway
- now it doesn't record. It plays ack fine, but I am not able to make it
record. This is on Ubuntu natty with KXstudio desktop and a multimedia
kernel. I've tried both the special mixer Envy24 control end the later
version. Even tried alsa mixer, but I cannot for the life of figure out
how to get a signal into the computer.
Everything looks good in qjackctl - 8 inputs/outputs etc.
Does anyone actually use this any longer? Any hints??

All the best
Ketil