[LAU] NoiseMaker LV2 port

Leigh Dyer lsd at wootangent.net
Mon Oct 17 00:53:28 UTC 2011

On 14/10/11 17:44, Leigh Dyer wrote:
> On 13/10/11 11:47 PM, allcoms wrote:
>> 5 - Like composite, iirc, it also lacks the ability to load simple wavs
>> if thats all you want otherwise you need to mess about converting stuff
>> to .gig or .sfz first
>
> It does, yes, but the SFZ format is really quite simple.

Just replying to myself -- after making that claim about SFZ I figured I
should actually verify it myself :) Here's a small, simple SFZ file that
I've created from a single sample, which will hopefully serve as an
example of how to make a basic SFZ file:

http://wootangent.net/~lsd/music/SFZ/doorbell-sfz.tar.gz

It really is quite simple, I think -- I've customised the amplitude
envelope here, but even that is optional. The key points are the "lokey"
and "hikey" parameters, which describe what range of keys the sample
should be mapped to, and the "pitch_keycenter" parameter, which defines
the sample's inherent pitch.

Beyond that, you can expand things with a lot of options, which are
described in the official documentation here:

http://www.cakewalk.com/DevXchange/article.aspx?aid=108

Thanks
Leigh