[LAU] Top DSP plugins?

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Mon Oct 17 21:33:27 UTC 2011

Hello James!
   I use Fon's FIL plugin for EQ, though the LV2 10band EQ from Invada (or was
it Calf) is supposed to be very good.
   I use the Invada compressor (LADSPA) (3308/3309 mono/stereo). It behaves
well and can have very short attack times.
   Reverb is always difficult: The g2verb usually works well (also Fons). The
TAP reverberator is nice for short reverbs. Otherwise I use impulse Response
ones. There is an LV2-plugin for lading those. Oh and the good old Plate (CAPS
1794?).
   A good delay can often help, where reverb isn't wanted. I use the TAP Echo
(2143).
   For live sessions, that should be about it. You can always think of
amp/speaker simulations for some instruments, if they don't have it (TAP
2581 and CAPS 1786) chorus (CAPS 1767), a very nice phaser (CALF 33924). but
that's all just icing and shouldn't be necessary, since in a live situation
people probably have their own effects and better suited to their needs at
that.
   They have served me well and make up about 80-90% of my studio work,
plugin-wise.
   Hope, that helps.
   Warm regards
             Julien