[LAU] Top DSP plugins?

S. Massy lists at wolfdream.ca
Tue Oct 18 17:45:40 UTC 2011

Hello,

In pure mixing, I tend to try and avoid plugins as much as I can, but
it's not always possible depending on the material. Most of what I use,
people have mentioned already. As I do not yet have access to LV2
plugins, I stick to ladspa.
- The SC4 compressor serves me very well.
- For EQ I use the 4 band parametric filter, the multiband eq, and the
  single parametric ew most often.
- Reverb is either g2verb or jconvolver.
- Finally, the only thing which seems to have been left out by others is
  the TAP scaling limiter which is great for final limiting if handled
  gently.

For more outlandish effects only experimentation can serve.

Cheers,
S.M.