[LAU] Something New From Me

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Tue Oct 18 19:32:24 UTC 2011

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 07:56:28 +0200 (CEST)
Julien Claassen <julien at mail.upb.de> wrote:

> Hello Will!
>    There are some very nice synth sounds in tat track. But the brass sound
> coming in around 1:40min seems to really break the atmosphere for me. I do
> like the melody guitar though. It adds something alive to the music. I would
> have enjoyed it even more, if you'd put some delay on it as well as reverb.
> Still those are luxury problems. Another of those luxury problems might be,
> that for my taste the bass is to quiet compared with the drums. But it sounds
> like a nice full and yet unobtrusive bass.
>    All in al: No danger of falling asleep and I can understand the title when
> listening to it. Thanks for sharing this.
>    Warmly yours
>              Julien

Thank you for such thoughtful comments Julian.
Is it the while idea of the brass that you don't like, or the abruptness that
it comes it? I was actually thinking of fading it up.

The bass has been a problem. On my monitors and on the big HiFi speakers it
sounds fine. On phones (AKG 240) it sounded OK, but an s cheap system it was
pretty weak. I will have to do more work on it. One of the problems is that
there is strong sub-bass component with doesn't sound at all on small systems,
but I'm very reluctant to get rid of it. :(

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk