[LAU] Top DSP plugins?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Oct 19 08:46:03 UTC 2011

> On 10/18/2011 07:45 PM, S. Massy wrote:
> > - Finally, the only thing which seems to have been left out by others is
> >    the TAP scaling limiter which is great for final limiting if handled
> >    gently.
> >

> Oh yeah true! Most of the time the LADSPA Fast Look Ahead Limiter is
> sitting in my Master bus.
>
> Best,
>
> Jeremy

I don't know the TAP limiter. But whats bad with Steve Harris Fast Look
Ahead Limiter? It's one of the best limiters I know and btw. any Limiter
is useless in the master bus. There's enough headroom to ban a limiter,
assumed the basic mixing is ok. AFAIK there's only one usage for a
limiter in the master bus. Do wish to get rid of any dynamic?

Regards,

Ralf