[LAU] Top DSP plugins?

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Wed Oct 19 13:23:34 UTC 2011

On 10/19/2011 03:04 PM, Brett McCoy wrote:
> Most of that is over my head. What does this translate to when I am
> mastering a stereo mix with Jamin?

Soundwise, as far as I have understood as a DSP layman it could
introduce artefacts, but I wonder in how far those are audible. Guess if
you're a DSP layman you probably can't distinguish any possible
artefacts. The other point is the DSP load of JAMin, last time I used
JAMin on my quad core machine I recall the DSP load rose about 20 to
25%. If I use separate plug-ins it's about 10%. But I have to test that
again to be sure sure.

Best,

Jeremy