[LAU] Top DSP plugins?

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 14:00:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 2:28 PM, S C Rigler <riglersc at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 4:23 AM, Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy at autostatic.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 10/19/2011 10:52 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> > +1, regarding to Jamin is good and it does work without pumping.
>>
>> I'm not so fond of JAMin. It has flaws and consumes way too much CPU.
>> About a year ago Patrick Shirkey mentioned that there was no other JACK
>> application that attempts to provide a complete mastering chain. But
>> that was about a year ago, at the moment it is perfectly possible to
>> create a similar tool chain with the help of plug-ins. I prefer plug-ins
>> then, more flexible.
>>
> If I want to be loud I'm happy with the results I get using linuxDSP's
> Multiband Compressor and the TAP Scaling Limiter.
>
> --Steve

Some really interesting things here. I think the main issue for me has
been finding a good reverb that I'm happy with. Never tried any of the
convolution solutions though - so will give that a go.

Regarding mastering, I've heard good things about nama, but never used
it myself:

http://ecmdr.infogami.com/blog/