[LAU] A new track made in Neil tracker

Atte André Jensen atte at email.dk
Wed Oct 19 20:54:23 UTC 2011

On 10/17/2011 07:36 PM, Vytautas Jancauskas wrote:
> Yup :) Thanks!

I installed neil-hg from aur on arch linux. It works fine with alsa, but
I cannot make it work on jack, maybe because my jack's too new?

jackdmp 1.9.7
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2011 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
could not open driver .so '/usr/lib/jack/jack_netone.so': libcelt0.so.2:
jack_get_descriptor returns null for 'jack_netone.so'
no message buffer overruns
could not open component .so '/usr/lib/jack/jack_netone.so':
libcelt0.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
no message buffer overruns
jackdmp version 1.9.7 tmpdir /dev/shm protocol 8

When I start neil with jack running I get a dialog saying "Neil was
unable to initialize audio output. Please check your audio settings in
the preferences dialog."

Then I'm presented with the preferences->audio settings, where driver is
blanked out, only possible selection in the list is "firewire_pcm",
which is the soundcard's name in jack... Try to Apply, but get: "There
was an error initializing the audio driver. Change settings and try
again.". When I change the samplerate to 48000 (which matches jacks
settings), neil crashes with this:

creating output device 'firewire_pcm' with 48000Hz samplerate
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'RtError'
   what():  RtApiJack::startStream(): error connecting output ports!
Aborted

Any idea what I should try next?

--
Atte