[LAU] More Shoegaze..

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 18:55:59 UTC 2011

Apologies for those with an allergy to soundcloud, but I don't have a
better way of distribution at the moment.

http://soundcloud.com/jmstone/never-again

I recorded this a few months ago now, planning to make some further
changes, but I'm not sure I will get round to it in the near future,
so.. RERO.

The extreme distortion, and vocals back in the mix is on purpose - and
hopefully reasonably in keeping with the genre. The piece could
probably do with a better ending!

This track is composed of a load of guitar and bass loops recorded
into Renoise. Effects are mostly the built-in Renoise plugins IIRC.
The guitar (Aria TA50) was recorded thru a Behringer V-AMP 2 and the
bass (Ibanez Roadster RS800) through a BDI 21. Vocals were through 2
different cheapo Behringer mic preamps (minimic 800 replaced by a mic
100 after I fried the former accidentally!) Samson C01 condenser.
Drums were laid down in 10 seconds! :)