[LAU] [OT] Screen recording with jack: pain

Lorenzo Sutton lsutton at libero.it
Thu Oct 20 20:35:50 UTC 2011

Once upon a time I could record fine with (gtk)recordmydesktop selecting
jack... then jack audio recording seems to be broken (in Ubuntu and now
in Debian (wheezy)) with funky errors since quite a while.

Then I had hacked a couple of script using ffmpeg with jack support...
which of course involves compiling ffmpeg with jack enabled (and
recording is a bit clumsy as you have to manually connect the jack
client to ffmpeg jack client then cut that boring part from the video etc.)

I was wondering what people's setup for (especially on debian) are, and
if any simple solution currently exists.

Lorenzo