[LAU] Recommend inexpensive monitors and headphones

Artem Vakhitov temcat at mail.ru
Fri Oct 21 13:01:58 UTC 2011

On 21.10.2011 16:43, Gabbe Nord wrote:
> I'd say that if you're not willing to put more then $100 in you might
> aswell wait with buying monitors. Sadly with monitors expensive means
> good, and buying bad/budget monitors for a start will only cost you more
> if you keep doing what you're doing (since you're gonna want some real
> monitors).

Sorry, I didn't mean that I'm not willing to pay more than $100. As I
said, it was a wild guess precisely because I don't know what
inexpensive means in this field.

> On the other hand, if you're willing to put more money in, I'm real
> happy with my Adam A3X monitors. Not sure what they cost a pair though
> but they're small and thus fairly cheap. For general purposes I'd say
> take a look at Adam or Genlec, those are two brands that always performs
> in tests etc.

Thanks for the recommendation. Are there cheaper options that won't
sacrifice quality in a way that defeats the purpose?

Regards,
Artem Vakhitov