[LAU] Top DSP plugins?

Dan MacDonald allcoms at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 09:22:52 UTC 2011

This thread started out in a very useful and informative, on-topic
manner but as usual it just descended into random (semi)OT ramblings.

May I suggest to those who run linuxaudio.org that they set up a 'Best
Linux plugin poll' where people can vote for the best plugin in all
the various different popular categories (EQ, compression, reverb
etc.) and maybe allow for people to post comments within each
different category too? I think it'd be a very useful resource for the
community, unless such a page already exists elsewhere? I know we have
the recommended plugins page on ardour.org but its quite outdated now
and not very comprehensive.

I too would be very sad to Fons give up coding his very highly valued
and much respected/appreciated plugins and tools. In fact it was only
yesterday I was having to say the same to Mr Foltman who has
unfortunately become quite disillusioned with LV2 and Linux audio in
general and has chose to retire from it - hopefully only temporarily.
As I told him, his plugins get frequent praise and recommendation on
this list and we'd be very sad to see the back of him.

Don't leave us Fons - LA is just about to get real interesting seeing
as Ardour and qtractor in 2012 will be usable by and appealing to a
much wider range of users and devs.