[LAU] Multitrack recording with MIDI sync?

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Sun Oct 23 13:59:32 UTC 2011

Hi.

This question might sound stupid to some, however, I have never done
something like this before in Linux and would love to hear your tipps:
I am trying to record a multitrack thing with my x0xb0x.  In other
words, I'd like to record *two* tracks generated by the external synth
sequencer, but in sync to each other.

Since I have never played with transport things, I am looking for hints
on how to do it.  Since I am limited to command-line tools, I would like
to do it with ecasound, backed by JACK.

Right now, my x0xb0x emits MIDI clock sent to a DR202 drum machine.

Can I somehow record the MIDI clock along with the first track,
and resend it in the second recording so that everything is in sync?
Or, should the PC emit MIDI clock (how?) so that everything starts in
time?

Any hints are very welcome.

--
CYa,