[LAU] Multitrack recording with MIDI sync?

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Mon Oct 24 08:09:57 UTC 2011

Al Thompson <althompson58 at gmail.com> writes:

> On 10/23/2011 05:22 PM, Mario Lang wrote:
>>
>> A script would highly be appreciated.  From your description, it looks
>> pretty complicated.  I was sort of hoping I could just record
>> the MIDI track along with the audio, and resubmit the clock ticks on the
>> second take... But I guess I was pretty naive.
>
> Is there a particular reason that you don't want to use a GUI
> application?  Something of this sort should be fairly trivial using
> either Rosegarden or Ardour 3.

I would sir, if I could sir, if I only had the chance...  However, I am
blind, and the accessibility of GUI-based Linux audio apps is no-where
near being usable.  I once sent patches to improve the accessibility of
Ardour to Paul Davis, but he rejected them.  This was very frustrating,
so I basically gave up on this topic since.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'