[LAU] OT - Digital Rights

Jeremy Henty onepoint at starurchin.org
Mon Oct 24 09:40:19 UTC 2011

Kevin Cosgrove wrote:

> I went  to a talk many months  back on the IEEE  working group P1817
> sometime standard aimed at helping  people to be able to treat their
> digital property more like they treat their physical property.

    The  1865  act  required  all  road  locomotives,  which  included
    automobiles,  to travel  at a  maximum of  4 mph  (6 km/h)  in the
    country  and 2 mph  (3 km/h)  in towns  and have  a crew  of three
    travel, one of  whom should carry a red flag  walking 60 yards (55
    m) ahead  of each vehicle. The  1896 Act removed the  need for the
    crew of three and raised the speed to 14 mph (23 km/h).

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locomotive_Acts

Regards,

Jeremy Henty