[LAU] small/cheap devices that can run jackd?

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Tue Oct 25 13:32:13 UTC 2011

On 10/25/2011 02:50 PM, Renato wrote:
> Hi, your scripts have some nice tips for performance :)
>
>> > echo -n "0000:00:13.0" > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/ohci_hcd/unbind
> so what does this exactly do? how do I figure out a similar command for
> my system? but now that I think of it by usb controller with lowest IRQ
> shares it with the video card, so I guess I can't do anything in this
> case...?

You can check ID's and their IRQ's of USB2 controllers with for instance:

#!/bin/sh
# USB2 controller ID and IRQ check

for a in $(ls /sys/bus/pci/drivers/ehci_hcd/ | grep 0000)
do
  echo -n ID $a has IRQ:
  cat /sys/bus/pci/drivers/ehci_hcd/$a/irq
done

If you want to figure out ID's for USB1 (OHCI) controllers replace
'ehci_hcd' with 'ohci_hcd' (of course you could also  create a more
sophisticated script).
With top or htop you can monitor the different tasklets if you're using
a realtime kernel or a >= 2.6.39 kernel with the threadirqs kernel option.

> you should consider putting those scripts on some wiki! they're cool

Thanks and will do.

> cheers,
> renato

Best,