[LAU] OT: What battery powered Amps are you using?

Renato rennabh at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 13:45:22 UTC 2011

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 11:34:10 -0500
Stephen Stubbs <theother1510 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> 10/29/2011
>
> Hello All,
>
> What small, battery/electric powered, portable Amps are you using?

Hi, I built this
http://runoffgroove.com/ruby.html
(the standard version with a 3-pole-double-throw switch to make the
Bassman mod they suggest on the page)

IIRC it drains about 100-150mah at full gain, so on a 9V NiCD battery
pack of 600mah I got from an old RC car it should run several hours -
I never tested it for that long though.

With my semiacoustic guitar it sounds pretty good (on the cabinet from
a cheap classic-guitar Ibanez amp); you can even pull out some nice
overdrive from it. I'd say it would be just adeguate to jam in an open
space with another non-percussive acoustic instrument - that's what I
originally built it for, but I'm still waiting for a chance to test it.

cheers,
renato