[LAU] Alternative to audacity for simple non-jack recording?

Arve Barsnes arve.barsnes at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 06:00:35 UTC 2011

I have a simple little usb-thingy that I want to record sound from. It
shows up just fine in audacity, but when I press record with it set as
the input device, audacity freezes completely, and I have to kill it.
I've tried ecasound and qarecord, but I couldn't really make any of
them work. Anyone have any experience with this? Should I just try an
older version of audacity? Just looking for some hints before I start
the whole downgrading process (the older, "stable", version of
audacity comes with the thingy, so that's supposed to work).

Arve