[LAU] A good Sampler

Renato rennabh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 10:26:31 UTC 2011

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 09:33:05 +0200
Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy at autostatic.com> wrote:

> On 09/11/2011 02:14 PM, Jordan Wade wrote:
> > Hello, I'm just getting started with creating electronic music in
> > Linux and I'm looking for a good sampler.  Specifically, I'm
> > looking for a sampler that will allow me to assign a sample to
> > multiple keys AND perform pitch-scaling without changing the
> > duration of the sample.  I've tried Specimen and Renoise (both
> > great pieces of software) but neither seems to automatically
> > stretch/compress the duration of the sample to compensate for the
> > pitch shift.  I look forward to hearing your suggestions.
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> Hello Jordan,
>
> Hydrogen can do the pitch-scaling without changing the duration of the
> sample. Not sure what you mean by assigning a sample to multiple keys,
> do you mean that different keys on a keyboard trigger the same sample?

is this possible with hydrogen? I know you can use the piano roll in
h2o to play the same sample with different pitches, but can you do it
externally, by sending notes on the alsa-midi in of h2o? I.e. can you
configure it such that incoming midi notes in the note range 60-65 say
trigger the same sample, with different pitch?

cheers
renato