[LAU] cpufreqd and no effect?

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Tue Sep 13 00:03:05 UTC 2011

Hello everyone!
   Soory to harp on about it. But now cpufreqd is running and says, that it
loaded the extra module powernow-k8 and it runs, ps -ax shows that. But I have
no effect. /proc/cpuinfo always says 3000.0mHz. Find below my cpufreqd.conf,
only special thing I did was to change the program based scheduling. Here's
lsmod output:
# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by cpufreq_userspace       1488  0
cpufreq_conservative     7644  0 cpufreq_powersave        618  0

   Kernel version is 2.6.38 (self-compiled)
Distro: Debian (Squeeze)
   So what have I done wrong? I want my normal system to run at 800.0mHz, I
know, that it can do it, it did before cpufreqd started working. I only
want/need the full power, when heavy sound processing is in work. Where did I
behave foolishly here?
   Warmly yours
             Julien
*** /etc/cpufreqd.conf
# this is a comment
# see CPUFREQD.CONF(5) manpage for a complete reference
#
# Note: ondemand/conservative Profiles are disabled because
#       they are not available on many platforms.

[General]
pidfile=/var/run/cpufreqd.pid
poll_interval=2
verbosity=4
enable_remote=1
remote_group=root
[/General]

[acpi]
acpid_socket=/var/run/acpid.socket
[/acpi]

#[nforce2_atxp1]
#vcore_path=/some/path
#vcore_default=1500
#[/nforce2_atxp1]

[sensors_plugin]
sensors_conf=/etc/sensors3.conf
[/sensors_plugin]

[Profile]
name=On Demand High
minfreq=50%
maxfreq=100%
policy=ondemand
[/Profile]
#
[Profile]
name=On Demand Low
minfreq=20%
maxfreq=50%
policy=ondemand
[/Profile]

[Profile]
name=Performance High
minfreq=100%
maxfreq=100%
policy=performance
#exec_post=echo 8 > /proc/acpi/sony/brightness
[/Profile]

[Profile]
name=Performance Low
minfreq=20%
maxfreq=20%
policy=performance
[/Profile]

[Profile]
name=Powersave High
minfreq=60%
maxfreq=60%
policy=powersave
[/Profile]

[Profile]
name=Powersave Low
minfreq=40%
maxfreq=40%
policy=powersave
[/Profile]

[Profile]
name=Conservative High
minfreq=33%
maxfreq=100%
policy=conservative
[/Profile]
#
[Profile]
name=Conservative Low
minfreq=0%
maxfreq=66%
policy=conservative
[/Profile]

##
# Basic states
##
# when AC use performance mode
[Rule]
name=AC Rule
ac=on                    # (on/off)
profile=Performance Low
[/Rule]

# stay in performance mode for the first minutes
#[Rule]
#name=AC Off - High Power
#ac=off                   # (on/off)
#battery_interval=70-100
##exec_post=echo 5 > /proc/acpi/sony/brightness
#profile=On Demand Low
#[/Rule]

# conservative mode when not AC
#[Rule]
#name=AC Off - Medium Battery
#ac=off                   # (on/off)
#battery_interval=30-70
#exec_post=echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sony/brightness
#profile=Powersave High
#[/Rule]

# conservative mode when not AC
#[Rule]
#name=AC Off - Low Battery
#ac=off                   # (on/off)
#battery_interval=0-30
#exec_post=echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sony/brightness
#profile=Powersave Low
#[/Rule]

##
# Special Rules
##
# CPU Too hot!
[Rule]
name=CPU Too Hot
sensor=temp1_input:65-100
cpu_interval=50-100
profile=Performance Low
[/Rule]

# use performance mode if I'm watching a movie
# I don't care for batteries!
# But don't heat too much.
[Rule]
name=Sounder
programs=nama,linuxsampler,zynaddsubfx,beatrix,csound
battery_interval=0-100
acpi_temperature=0-60
cpu_interval=0-100
profile=Performance High
[/Rule]

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;
Frightening Absence Just Arriving, Reigns Disappeared, Ornate - flowers!

======      Find my music at      ======
http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html