[LAU] Linux/Musix/Debian on a UMPC

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Sep 13 08:50:04 UTC 2011

Carlos sanchiavedraz wrote:

> 2011/9/10 david <gnome at hawaii.rr.com <mailto:gnome at hawaii.rr.com>>
>
>     Carlos sanchiavedraz wrote:
>
>         Hi all, dear LAUers.
>
>         I've been doing some testing with Musix 3 beta (based on Debian
>         Squeeze)
>

>     Where did you get Musix 3 Beta? I can't find anything higher than
>     2.1 at their site.
>
>     --
>     David
>     gnome at hawaii.rr.com <mailto:gnome at hawaii.rr.com>
>     authenticity, honesty, community
>

> We're working on it right now, there some testing versions here:
> http://wiki.musix.es/index.php?title=Categor%C3%ADa:Versiones_de_prueba_de_Musix
>
> That wiki page is new for people who wants to colaborate that is not in
> the collaborator/developer's list. There wasn't such a list before.
> Sorry but no english version yet, but soon I hope.
>
> We've been developing version 3 for some time now, and the reports have
> been quite favorable, but we'd like to work on it some more. I myself
> hope to include some basic apps I've developed, and take the opportunity
> to release them on Github or similar. But as always... time is what is
> needed :).
>
> Regards.
>
> --
> Carlos sanchiavedraz

Ah, thanks for the news and the link. I like Musix, even though the last
one that worked on my musicbox was a beta of Musix 2. The production
version of 2 somehow lost the ability to work with the boring old Intel
video hardware that the beta knew how to work with.

Anyway, I look forward to testing Musix 3!

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community