[LAU] [OT] Fedora installation problem

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Wed Sep 14 15:11:10 UTC 2011

Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> This looks like Grub2 stuff but I found here F14 uses Grub legacy ...

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for the detailed instructions. Unfortunately they didn't work.
/dev/sdb1 contains only the grub directory, the kernel image, and a few
other files. Neither /root nor /boot are present on sdb1.

When I tried to mount /dev/sdb2 I got an error that said the filesystem
(LVM-something) was unrecognized. I find it fascinating that a file
system installed by Fedora 14 is not recognizable by Fedora 14. Sigh.

Well, unless anyone has a better idea, I'm not wasting any more time on
Fedora, sad to say.

So what 64-bit system do other LAUyers prefer ?

Best,

dp