[LAU] [OT] Fedora installation problem

Andras Simon szajmi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 21:15:35 UTC 2011

2011/9/14, Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com>:
> Hi Andras,
>
> I have a quick question: When the installer prompts for a mount point (/
> or /root or /boot or /home etc), is there any particular reason to
> choose one over another ? Or does it not matter during a simple
> installation ?

Hi Dave,

Yes, of course! (Unless I completely misread your question...) You
probably want a few hundred MB partition for /boot, a few GBs for /
and the rest for /home.

I'm talking about the custom partitioning phase of the installation.
There you can create partitions and assign them to mount points. But
maybe you're talking about something else?

Andras