[LAU] OT: printers

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Thu Sep 15 11:04:12 UTC 2011

maex at firstfloor.org wrote:
> is this now, a how to equip my computer list?

Why the OP headed the subject with OT.

Printers are sometimes used by musicians to print things like lyrics,
lead sheets, chord frames, tablature, blank music paper, fully-notated
compositions created in LilyPond, covers and inserts for CD/DVDs,
information handouts, and so forth. Given their particular needs,
musicians are often likely to first ask other musicians for advice.
"Hardware + Linux audio" remains problematic in some areas, and the
people here have unique experiences and knowledge that can save other
people considerable time and expense. I should know, I've asked many
times for help here and have made many purchases recommended by list
members.

Best,

dp