[LAU] OT: printers

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Sep 16 16:50:48 UTC 2011

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 18:35:41 -0700
> From: Ken Restivo <ken at restivo.org>
> Subject: [LAU] OT: printers
> To: linux-audio-user at lists.linuxaudio.org

Get a second hand printer with cartridges that don't include the
nozzles.
The printer I'm using currently has cartridges with the nozzles
included, but I found a good imitation with good ink for my HP DeskJet
600. It's a printer without colour and with low quality, but Gutenprint
improves the quality significantly.
I've got a ribbon printer, unfortunately I can't get ribbons anymore.
For many usages this ribbon printer would be my first choice. Not only
because of the less costs, I'm also missing listing paper for some
usages and this printer could use 'normal' paper and listing paper.
This ink cartridge issue is caused by criminal companies, we should burn
their factories down and lynch the management and marketing.

There are a lot of replies to your request, I don't read them, perhaps
somebody mentioned a printer that has got it's own nozzles?