[LAU] OT: printers

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Sep 17 22:15:05 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-09-17 at 23:56 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> > > Okay, just let us lynch management and marketing and let us keep the
> > > factories.

> > > Wow, sometimes better than the C64 bump floppy drive music friends and
> > > I've written. I suspect it of being a fake, since it's too perfect. The
> > > C64 disk drive bump could be perfectly used regarding to the
> > > frequencies, but the sound wasn't that cute, as the sound of this
> > > printer video.
> >
> > Polyphonic? And such a cute sound? Suspect!
>
> In the video there's a BreadBoard, so I guess it's not a fake but, it's
> not only software, but a combination of software and hardware
> manipulation.

Anyway, it's amazing, everybody who ever composed stepper motor music,
as I did, should be ashamed, regarding to this stroke of genius, assumed
that it isn't a fake. Perhaps it's possible to do polyphonic music and
to produce cute sounds by using a matrix printer, my friends and I only
used one stepper motor and we only let the stepper motor bump the head.
I guess talented people might be able to control the frequency
additionally to the kind of waveform and they thought about a matrix
printer's hardware. It might be not a fake. Incredible.