[LAU] CD ROM Problem

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Sep 20 14:36:49 UTC 2011

> As David said, it seems impossible that two drives would
> develop the same flaky behaviour at the same time.

It isn't, assumed a controller on the mobo is broken and not the drives.
In this case I don't think it is, but it's possible. Anyway, especially
when using SATA connectors without clips, reconnecting the cables
sometimes heels voodoo. I had issues that portend to a weak power
supply, before ordering a new one, I yesterday reconnected the SATA
cables and the voodoo seems to be gone.

> What if you burn another full length CD with different material? What
> if you burn those remaining tracks on a CD separately?

Sounds like the best idea to track the cause, but ...

> (You'll have lots of frisbees to play with!)

... How about buying a CD-RW ;) instead of becoming a frisbee sportsman?