[LAU] Voice-to-drums in general and the Trigger LADSPA in particular

Renato rennabh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 20:40:20 UTC 2011

On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 09:21:45 +0000
Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org> wrote:

> Take SC. I love the way the synthesis engine works and can
> be controlled using OSC. But, even as a programmer, that is
> someone used to writing formal instructions and descriptions
> in a text based format, I have to *fight* the SC language all
> the time. IMHO it's a mess, and it seems to be designed to
> allow spectacular one-liners rather than for clarity and
> consistency.

I feel the same way.

>I'm using it now only to write synthdefs, for
> all the rest I use Python.

I'm a noob on this, and I think I don't really get what parts of the SC
I know are sclang and what scsynth. Using Python and OSC I guess you
can easilly play SynthDefs (because these are loaded on the server and
anyhow sclang communicates with OSC to the server), but do you loose all
the other nice stuff like Ugens, Tasks, Routines, Patterns?

I'd be so happy to be able to use supercollider's functionality in
python.

cheers
renato