[LAU] What 16chan sound card

Al Thompson althompson58 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 16:05:48 UTC 2012

On 04/04/2012 11:55 AM, Gerald Mwangi wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I want to buy a usb sound card with the following specs:
> 16 input channels :
>     at least 8 Mic ins,
>     the rest line ins, intrument ins or ADAT ins (optical)
>     no spdif
>
> output channels:
>     8 would be nice but not a must
>
> price: 300-350 €
>
> I have these on my list:
> http://www.thomann.de/de/256918tascam_us1800.htm (has no ADAT, but
> only spdif)
>
> http://www.thomann.de/de/phonic_firefly_808_retour.htm (unkown
> manufacturer, at least to me)

Neither of the two you list meet your criteria.  The Tascam only
provides 14 inputs (not counting the S/PDIF), and the Firefly is
Firewire only.

I don't know of a 16x4 USB device right off hand.

--
---

  http://www.lateralforce.com

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]