[LAU] What 16chan sound card

Al Thompson althompson58 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 17:14:55 UTC 2012

On 04/04/2012 12:57 PM, S. Massy wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 12:05:48PM -0400, Al Thompson wrote:
>> I don't know of a 16x4 USB device right off hand.
> Is that even possible? Even with USB 2.0, which might have shaky linux
> support anyway... Possibly he should investigate other alternatives?

Good question.  I've been doing a little research, and it's difficult to
find something that meets his criteria.  Most things that say they are
"16 channel" apparently are using Mackie Math when they add them up, and
others that provide USB 2.0 connectivity never claim to be able to
handle 16 channels simultaneously through USB.

--
---

  http://www.lateralforce.com

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]