[LAU] Hydrogen --> Linuxsampler+Salamander Drumkit

Stuzz stuzz78 at yahoo.com.au
Thu Apr 5 05:29:13 UTC 2012

On Thu, 05 Apr 2012 04:36:50 +1000, alexander <axeldenstore at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Good job on thatone! I didn't realize hydrogen could send midi, now if
> it can send CC messages too somehow(for the hihat), you'll be able to
> have all functionality of the kit! that would be pretty golden..

Glad you approve Alex.

The CC messages you're referring too...  That has something to do with how
open, closed or inbetween the hihat is, right?  If so, I'm sure that'd be
handy to sort out as well, but I don't think Hydrogen is up to the task
(but happy to be proved wrong).

For me though, I'd be hard pressed to find a requirement for that much
nuance on a hihat for a regular drum beat.

Also, this whole exercise is a bit of a stop-gap until I get up to speed
with programming MIDI parts direct into Ardour3, which no doubt (if it
doesn't already) is able to sent the CC message you'd like.

Regards
Stuzz
http://stuzz.bandcamp.com