[LAU] Hydrogen --> Linuxsampler+Salamander Drumkit

thijs van severen thijsvanseveren at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 08:29:31 UTC 2012

2012/4/5 Leigh Dyer <lsd at wootangent.net>

> On 5/04/12 3:29 PM, Stuzz wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 05 Apr 2012 04:36:50 +1000, alexander <axeldenstore at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Good job on thatone! I didn't realize hydrogen could send midi, now if
>>> it can send CC messages too somehow(for the hihat), you'll be able to
>>> have all functionality of the kit! that would be pretty golden..
>>>

>> Glad you approve Alex.
>>
>> The CC messages you're referring too... That has something to do with
>> how open, closed or inbetween the hihat is, right? If so, I'm sure
>> that'd be handy to sort out as well, but I don't think Hydrogen is up to
>> the task (but happy to be proved wrong).
>>
>> For me though, I'd be hard pressed to find a requirement for that much
>> nuance on a hihat for a regular drum beat.
>>

> Without that, I think all of the hats you'll get from Hydrogen will be
> closed hats (well, apart from the pedal hat, which is on its own key),
> since you need to send a CC value to get the semi-open or fully-open hats.

Hydrogen indeed doesnt support sending CC messages, but you should be able
to work something out using the mute groups (see
http://www.hydrogen-music.org/hcms/node/5#def.mutegroup)
if you put the different hh sounds in separate instruments and assign those
3 instruments to the same mute group you can simply create a pattern where
you can use all 3 sounds

BTW: how would one send the CC values when recording a pattren live (using
a midi drum) ?  does the HHpedal normally trigger CC messages ?

follow me on my Audio & Linux blog <http://audio-and-linux.blogspot.com/> !