[LAU] non session manager

rosea.grammostola rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 18:05:54 UTC 2012

On 04/05/2012 10:27 PM, Josh Lawrence wrote:
> I've been playing with the non session manager, and like it very much

Yes, I like it also. It's fast and it seems to do what you expect from a
session manager to do. Tbh, I like it more then JackSession at the
moment, because the extra functionality it gives you and the pleasant
workflow.
Also I think it's a good decision to not make it dependent on JACK. Now
you can add apps without JACK support (Frescobaldi, Emacs with
supercollider?) to a session and leave others (with JACK support) out of
the session if you want that. It also doesn't have extra dependencies
for the apps with NSM support, which is a nice plus if you think about
adoption of the API. An obvious advantage compared to Ladish is that you
don't need Jackdbus or something, just plain JACK.

I also used aj-snapshot for script sessions, but JACKPatch, which comes
with non-session-manager (NSM), is a good replacement for that.
I changed my JackSession and script sessions to NSM here. So far so good!

Regards,
\r