[LAU] Mplayer problem with some mp3s

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Tue Apr 10 11:17:07 UTC 2012

Hello everyone!
   It's not bad, when mplayer shows an mp3 to be longer than it is, I ev3en had
a few, that looked a little shorter and were allright. But here I have a bunch
of mp3s, that mplayer shows to be exactly half as long as they are and after
that time it quits playing. I finally decoded them with mpg321 and that
worked, but it's a bloody nuisance doing it. I thought they really were broken
upto yesterday evening, when my brother played one of them on his windows
machine.
   Does anyone have an idea, what this might be? I mean, as far as I know,
there is some mpg123 or mpg321 code in mplayer, at least occasionally, when
there are glitches, I see something saying mpg123 or similar before the actual
error message or info.
   Warm regards
            Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;