[LAU] EMail To Tascam - HARDCORE COLD HARD FACTS

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Sun Apr 15 04:43:29 UTC 2012

On 14 April 2012 at 18:08, Emanuel Rumpf <xbran at web.de> wrote:

> Am 13. April 2012 09:25 schrieb Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy at autostatic.com>:
> > On 04/12/12 23:42, Ronald Stewart wrote:
> >>
> >>  Focusrite is Linux friendly?
> >
> > Yes they are. They released specs for some of their FireWire cards and even
> > provided the FFADO team with at least a Focusrite Saffire Pro 10 IO for
> > testing purposes iirc.
>
> This is good to know.
>
> I've added a section at bottom, to promote FLOSS-friendly hardware companies.
> http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/current_audio_gear?&#floss_-_friendly_hardware_companies_linux_friendly

I think it would be nice if Focusrite heard back that they're listed
in such a way.  I know things like "linux friendly" (the behavior, as
opposed to any branding) influences my hardware buying decisions.  In
fact, that was at the top of my list when I bought a portable music
player a few years ago.  It had to connect fine over USB for audio
file transfers.  It had to support OGG, and it was a bonus to support
FLAC, which it does.  It's a great little unit.

Cheerio....

--
Kevin