[LAU] Pulseaudio and jackd

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 19:35:02 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Jaromír Mikeš <mira.mikes at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I use the jack sink for pulseaudio, since I keep jackd running all of
>> the time. This allows me to use a web browser or audition audio files
>> via file manager or similar while jack is running. Never gives me a
>> bit of trouble.
>
> How does jack behave on suspend/resume?
> Which distro you are using?

Ubuntu Studio 11.04. I start jack (via qjackctl) and then I wrote a
little script to start pulseaudio using the jack module, so anything
that normally uses pulseaudio (like a web browser using Flash) has its
audio routed via jack.

If by 'suspend/resume' you mean suspending the machine and making it
hibernate, I don't use that functionality.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com