[LAU] poll : Advertising vs Linux Audio

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sun Apr 22 22:59:06 UTC 2012

On Sun, April 22, 2012 4:42 pm, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>> Do the other members of this community feel so strongly too?
>
> No; but only the strongly-feeling are compelled to speak up.  :)
>
>> That advertising is without merit and should be avoided like the
>> plague for fear of contaminating out precious Linux Audio Ecosystem.
>
> "He who pays the piper calls the tune."
> If you actually depend on the income from advertizers, _they_ are your
> customers.

This is the part that I am most concerned with. I seek to own the channel
and I expect it to be managed by the entire community or at least those
who can be arsed taking part. If we get it right we will not be anyone's
slave.

One of the benefits we have as a community is that we are not reliant on
the potential income from this project to feed our kids.

More details will follow over the coming weeks...

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd