[LAU] Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 supported in Alsa 1.0.25?

Martin Herren martin.herren at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 12:32:09 UTC 2012

Hi,

Mirko Horstmann wrote:

> There is a discussion on alsa-user (
> http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg27770.html
> )
> about the inner workings of the USB driver and the Scarlett's
> peculiarities. One of the last mails has the word "Success!" in it :)
> but I don't know if this means there is now a working driver.
>
> Has anyone experience with this? If I install Alsa 1.0.25 (or even just
> wait for Ubuntu 12.04), will it work?

I received my 18i6 yesterday and did the first few tests.

Short response, it doesn't work yet for me.

Tried it on UbuntuStudio 11.10 Amd64 and UbuntuStudio 12.04 Beta2 Amd64
(from Live DVD) and in both cases there are no capture or playback devices
available. MIDI is seen but I didn't test it yet.

On 11.10 I installed alsa-drivers, -libs and -utils from 1.0.25 and still
couldn't get it to work (UbuntuStudio 12.04 Beta2 still ships 1.0.24
drivers, don't really expect it to ship 1.0.25 when coming out).

Next step is testing the patch proposed in
http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg27789.html
that yielded the word 'Success'.

If it works i'll keep you informed.

/Martin