[LAU] Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 supported in Alsa 1.0.25?

plutek plutek at infinity.net
Tue Apr 24 14:57:08 UTC 2012

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc at cosgroves.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 07:48:37 -0700

> On 24 April 2012 at 5:32, Martin Herren <martin.herren at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I received my 18i6 yesterday and did the first few tests.
>>
>> Short response, it doesn't work yet for me.
> [snip]
>> If it works i'll keep you informed.
>
> If you can't get it to work, please let us know that too.  That'd be
> important info for any of us wanting to buy something like that.

i was recently researching units like this, and took a look at the 18i6. one thing i noticed is that there are a lot of controls buried in the software interface, not accessible through hardware. for me, the fact that the 1/4" inputs have no hardware switch to select between line and instrument level was a deal-breaker -- this is implemented ONLY in the control software. so, i suspect that even if the unit can be made to function under linux, it will be somewhat compromised unless someone ALSO develops linux-based software to access everything.

:-(

cheers!
.pltk.