[LAU] small usb interface (1in 2out)

yvan volochine yvan.sc at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 26 12:35:00 UTC 2012

hi,

sorry to post YAThread about usb interfaces but I need a small usb one
with 1 in and 2 out (basically a mic and a loud stereo out).

I have seen the 2 following ones and I wonder if you guys and girls
could give me some wise advices about them (or any other tip really):

- esi ugm96:
www.esi-audio.com/products/ugm96/
the output seem weird, there's a line-out and a headphone out. wondering
if there's any difference between the 2 (i.e. can I use both as mono-out?).
pros: very small, +20v for mic input
cons: no level control, wondering about outputs..

- m-audio fast track usb:
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FastTrack.html
pros: input/output levels, cheap
cons: RCA output (bouh)