[LAU] CD tracks in Ardour

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Mon Apr 30 13:18:40 UTC 2012

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> After reading all the online docs I could find I'm not sure how to
> do the following.
>
> I have an Ardour session that will be used to burn an audio CD.
>
> There are three 'songs' in it, but each one should correspond
> to more than one CD track. In other words some tracks start
> in the middle of the music and there should be no gaps at
> those points.
>
> As far as I could find out, each track should correspond to a range,
> and those ranges must not overlap. So should I manually ensure that
> the start of range N+1 corresponds exactly to the end of range N,
> or is there a better way to do this ?

   Simply assemble the session as you want it to be heard, with gaps where
you want them.  Place markers with appropriate names in the 'CD Markers'
line at the points where you want each 'track' to begin, then export the
entire session as a 16-bit, 44.1khz WAV file, and select the option to
produce a TOC or CUE file.  When you go to burn the CD, select the TOC or
CUE file in your burner software, and it'll pull in the .WAV
automatically.

--
Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                                -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009