[LAU] klang

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Thu Aug 2 13:19:02 UTC 2012

On Thu, August 2, 2012 1:11 pm, Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 2:02 AM, Oon-Ee Ng <ngoonee.talk at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I find it disturbing in the extreme to read comments such as "I guess
>> you embarrassed datenwolf to the point he will not respond. That's the
>> end of KLANG then!"
>>
>> Seriously? Does everything on the Internet need to be a pissing contest?

Is the question from Oon-Ee regarding the thread, discussion or just this
one comment?

> Since it isn't obvious at all where this quote came from, to clarify for
> folks, this quote was in reference to the Phoronix thread, where someone
> apparently joined the Phoronix forum to say that.  Yes it is in poor
> taste,
> though you need to clarify when pulling quotes out of other threads.

IMO Paul was right to come out full guns blazing on this one. After all
the effort that has gone into making Linux the most stable audio platform
over the years it is very dubious behaviour for this person to come out of
the blue with a direct challenge to the platform without even having the
courtesy to discuss it first in the LAD list.

Reeks of m$ and Avid propaganda. A see through attempt at trying to
destabilise the system and spread FUD by implying that it needs to be
fixed when the complete opposite is true. Linux Audio is actually the
lowest latency audio system on the planet and is only getting better every
day.

A desperate attempt by a dying company to hold on to their fragile market
position. Now that they don't have any value in their company left to
allow them to monopolise the mainstream media due to investors abandoning
them, the general state of the global economy and being $1billion in the
hole already (try paying of the interest on $1billion every month when you
are not even breaking even to start with) they are attempting to play the
m$ game plan.

They are feeling the heat now....

--
Patrick Shirkey