[LAU] Study Finds New Pop Music Does All Sound the Same.

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Aug 5 18:16:11 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-08-06 at 04:43 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> > If you need shoes size 12, you won't go to a shoemaker claiming that
> > everybody wants shoes of that size, so he won't sell this size
> > anymore.
>
> Mmmm, whenever there is a shoe sale why is that the only size
> available? :-)

That's the point and I already answered it. I'll repeat it more
detailed. Most people paying for listening to music aren't musicians
theirselfes. They neither are that (self-)educated that they need (or
even are able to listen) to more complex music. Mass media have the
order to sell, they don't have the order to educate, that's why we have
idiotic chart music and heavy rotation of the top 10. But popular pop
music isn't just what is played by mass media, even the pop mainstream
is more varied.

Regards,
Ralf