[LAU] OnDemand-performance was(OT: klang)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Aug 5 20:04:37 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-08-05 at 21:39 +0200, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> Just added this to the LinuxMusicians Wiki:
> http://wiki.linuxmusicians.com/doku.php?id=system_configuration#cpu_frequency_scaling

        "The command in your /etc/rc.local file only works if you
        disable the ondemand service. On Debian systems:

        sudo update-rc.d ondemand disable

        Another option would be to modify the ondemand init script and
        rename it to performance:

        sudo sed -i 's/ondemand/performance/g' /etc/init.d/ondemand
        sudo update-rc.d ondemand disable
        sudo cp /etc/init.d/ondemand /etc/init.d/performance
        sudo update-rc.d performance enable"

Last time I used Debian there was a script /etc/init.d/cpufrequtils that
set up the governor to ondemand. It's not that long ago, so I guess for
Debian this didn't change. Len of course refers to Ubuntu (Studio).
AV Linux (Debian) also has got /etc/init.d/cpufrequtils:

"[snip]
# Set ENABLE to "true" to let the script run at boot time.
#
# eg:	ENABLE="true"
#	GOVERNOR="ondemand"
#	MAX_SPEED=1000
#	MIN_SPEED=500

ENABLE="true"
GOVERNOR="performance"
MAX_SPEED="0"
MIN_SPEED="0"
[snip]"

I once wrote a script to toggle between ondemand and performance, not
only for the session, but also to keep it for next startup, based
on /etc/init.d/cpufrequtils.

Regards,
Ralf