[LAU] Study Finds New Pop Music Does All Sound the Same.

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Aug 6 06:32:41 UTC 2012

On 08/05/2012 08:21 PM, Louigi Verona wrote:
> "To me, the negative result of widespread recorded music is to
> discourage others from making music and turn them into the good little
> consumers that today's music industry wants."
>
> I do not agree that such effect is necessary or is most common. Hearing
> a perfect performance might in fact have a different effect - show that
> it is possible to achieve that. It all depends on the background and
> attitude.

I didn't say it was either necessary or most common. It does depend on
the person doing the hearing. But I remember many people whose response
to singing or playing an instrument is, "Oh, I can't play like that," so
they won't even try.

Of course, this is compounded by the way at least the American education
used to put a lot of effort into discouraging students from singing or
playing music ...

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com