[LAU] OnDemand-performance was(OT: klang)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Aug 6 08:34:03 UTC 2012

Hi Debian and LAU list,

sorry for the cross-posting, but I want to verify if Debian still is using
and not using some CPU frequency scaling script:

On Mon, 06 Aug 2012 08:42:02 +0200, Jeremy wrote:

> On 08/05/12 22:04, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> Last time I used Debian there was a script /etc/init.d/cpufrequtils that
>> set up the governor to ondemand.
>
> It's on Ubuntu too, but not on a default install. If Debian has
> cpufrequtils installed by default and uses this instead of the ondemand
> init script let me know so I can add it to the wiki.

Hi Jeremy,

thank you for maintaining this Wiki.

 From a script I wrote 2011-Nov-23 for Debian stable and testing, at least
for stable I suspect this didn't change until today:

[snip]
CPUFREQ_SET=/usr/bin/cpufreq-set
CPUFREQ_INFO=/usr/bin/cpufreq-info
CPUFREQ_UTILS=/etc/init.d/cpufrequtils
[snip]

Yes, there was (is) no /etc/init.d/ondemand, but there was (is)
/etc/init.d/cpufrequtils and Debian did (does) use
cpufreq-set.

Regards,
Ralf

PS: When you reply from LAU, take care that Debian user is an open list,
your mails will be published even if you aren't subscribed and every email
address in the mail is shown as is, so at least respect the privacy of
others and remove email addresses, or much better, since I just wanted to
verify, remove Debian user from the recipients.