[LAU] Study Finds New Pop Music Does All Sound the Same.

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Aug 6 10:57:56 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 2:03 AM, david <gnome at hawaii.rr.com> wrote:

 [ ... ]

> To me, the negative result of widespread recorded music is to discourage
> others from making music and turn them into the good little consumers that
> today's music industry wants.

although its not really quite the same thing as having a population that
generally sings and plays music as part of daily life, i would point out
that there are more people recording more music and performing in front of
others than at any other time in human history. i'm not too thrilled about
the aesthetics of most of what gets performed, but that doesn't change that
fact that there are currently many more people who play a musical
instrument as a hobby, part-time or full-time profession than before
recording came along (a lot of which has to do with cheaper instruments,
probably).